The combined symposium of El Día del Agua y La Atmósfera (formerly AIR, Atmospheric Interdisciplinary Research) is one of the hallmark events held during EarthWeek, a showcase of research for students enrolled in the School of Earth and Environmental Sciences and the School of Natural Resources and the Environment.
EarthWeek includes research symposia organized by and featuring students from:
- El Día del Agua y La Atmósfera ≡ Department of Hydrology and Water Resources + Department of Atmospheric Sciences ≡ Department of Hydrology and Atmospheric Sciences
- GeoDaze | Department of Geosciences
- SNRE | School of Natural Resources and the Environment
- SWESx | Department of Soil, Water, and Environmental Sciences
- Tree-Ring Day | Laboratory of Tree-Ring Research
At the El Día del Agua y La Atmósfera conference, students showcase their research through oral and poster presentations. The day also includes a continental breakfast, light buffet lunch, luncheon speaker, afternoon keynote address, announcement of student awards, and presentation of the coveted AquaMan/AquaWoman trophies to the most outstanding faculty instructors.
The day ends with a reception or pub celebration for sponsors, attendees, and student presenters hosted by the department's student association.
In conjunction with the HWR 50th Anniversary Alumni Reunion celebration this year, a cocktail reception for everyone--conference participants, Alumni, and guests--will be held at Old Main in the Silver and Sage Room and on the Veranda.